Wednesday, August 24, 2011

KEEPING THE WEIGHT DOWN!

Many of you have followed my weight loss over the past few years, so you know it’s been a struggle for me. Well, the struggle doesn’t end when the magic number appears on the scale for the first time, you know! The second part of the fight is just beginning then. The past year, I’ve been maintaining, and I’ve been pretty successful at it. Until summer hit!

Now don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’ve gained all 50 pounds back! Not even close!!! Just a few. And I’m not all freaked out about it. Yet. But I know that if I’m not scalediligent, those few pounds can turn into 5 pounds, then 10, then more. So yes, I’m a little bit concerned.

Don’t forget, I’m somebody who has struggled with my weight my ENTIRE life. So indulge me here!

Now, I’m not going to turn into one of those neurotic, skinny girls who squeals “Oooooh, I’m soooo fat!!!!!” and makes a complete fool out of herself when she gains 1/2 pound. (Tee hee! Me, a skinny girl! Who would’ve thunk?!!!) BUT, since I’ve gained 3 pounds in 3 months (which, if you’re any good at math, that translates to 12 pounds a year, right?), I need to get my butt back to the gym and start counting those Weight Watchers points again!

So it’s time to buck up and get motivated. Goodbye chocolate and ice cream! Hello fiber!

***Sigh***

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment