Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Funny- Because That's The Kind of Mom I Am

I had just set down her dinner plate in front of her. Ever ready to eat, I knew as soon as I turned away she would dig in. I walked out for just a second and walked back into the kitchen.

"Did you remember to pray before you started eating, Z2?"


I already knew the answer. My little Z2, always wanting to please, has developed a habit of fibbing. So it really didn't matter if she had actually prayed or not, I was going to be told a resounding yes.


"Yep!" she replied happily, munching away on her taco.


Mmmhmmm.... Something stinks in the B Kitchen....


"You know what happens if you lie about praying, don't you, Z2?"


"No. What?" she asked, eyes and mouth frozen in suspense.


"All of your hair falls out," I deadpanned.


"I prayed, Mom, I did!" she said, a little too anxiously.


"Okay," I said calmly. "I guess we'll see if you were telling the truth in the morning when you wake up with or without all your hair..."


"Okay! Okay! Okay!!!!! I didn't! I didn't! I'll do it right now!!!!"


Yep. That's what I thought. And yes, that's the kind of mom I am. Not afraid to play my cards just right. Sometimes, you have to shake it up and keep them on their toes to let them know who's running the show.


Yours, wishing you a WONDERFUL weekend,


Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment