Monday, March 28, 2011

I Still Rate.

We were on Spring Break last week. I spent a lot of time with my children (thanks, Carla, for covering my classes!) and as well with some talented musicians from Fox High competing at Districts. I survived taking care of Karen's dog, Bismark. And no, I'm still not a fan of large dogs, although Biz was remarkably well behaved. I may even have felt a bit of concern for him when he didn't eat right away. Maybe. At least, I think that's what it might have been.

Last night, Z1 and I went on a date. I love getting one on one time with him. We started out at the new frozen yogurt place, The Orange Leaf. (If you haven't been there, it's WONDERFUL. The coolest decor and excellent frozen yogurt). We went into the shop, I helped him navigate all the selections, and told him to find a seat while I got my own treat. The only thing about The Orange Leaf that I'm not too crazy about is the lack of seating. But this was no problem for Z1. To my surprise, he walks up to the table with a mom and daughter (who was 1 year his junior) and nonchalantly introduces himself and asks if he can join them.

"My Goodness," I thought. "This is progress". He's a pretty shy kid, so it was completely unexpected that he would sit down and begin chatting with this girl and her mom. By the time I got over there, he had them in the palm of his little hand. Of course, the entire time I'm thinking,"Wow. When did he come out of his shell? This is awesome!"

We finished, said our goodbyes and began walking to the car. I looked at him,grinned, gave him a little nudge and said,"Hey! I thought you and I were on a date! We walk in and you ditch me for the first cute girl in the yogurt shop! What's up with that, bro?"

He stopped and looked at me... "Moooooom," he stated,"There is STILL no one else I like best than you."

I know, I thought. I just like to hear you say it. :)

Yours, wishing you a happy Monday,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment