Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Tidbit-The Christmas Presort

I know I'm really late today. So Karen, if you are reading this, you can wait to post Wednesday. :-) I know. You love me. And I'm grateful for it. I've been on the road all day today, so it made it a little hard to type. But here I am! Ready to roll at ten PM!

It's been a whirlwind weekend. Z2 was very sick on Sunday. The kind of sick that you don't want to leave her bedside. So I stayed in her room with her. And being the kind of person who cannot sit still when I am stressed, I clean. I can't help it. It's the one thing that I can control when things seem so out of control. And with it being the day after Halloween, my thoughts turn to Thanksgiving and then Christmas (or Chanuka or Kwanza) and the fact that more piles of plastic will be invading the house.

Time to sort out the piles of plastic that already exists in their rooms. I leave all the collections alone, but there is always a batch of toys that they really don't play with. Those toys that really don't go with anything. Those are the ones that need to go to make room. I advise that you do this when they are not at home, otherwise, you may not be getting rid of anything! So I make my little pile, put it in a box and put the box in a closet. If, within the space of four to six weeks, they have not asked for those toys, off they go. Where do they go? Since most of them are pretty small, they are cleaned and given away to either a Children's Home or I send them to the School Treasure Box. Sure, a few of them may come back home, but I've gotten the major haul out of the room. Just to make more room for the incoming odd toys that go with nothing.

Yours, happy to get rid of SOMETHING!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment