Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday Thoughts-Writing in Nash

Melissa here. I'm in the sunny city of Nashville, Tennessee. I'm here to write some songs and meet people and drink a lot of coffee. This city RUNS on coffee. Probably because all of the musicians who are waiting for their big break work at Starbucks. Seriously. Starbucks loves musicians and we love Starbucks.

I usually drive down the night before and have about three days of appointments. And my homesickness kicks in about the third day. But last night, my little bear, Z1 got on the phone and told me how much he loved and missed me. And in that moment, after my first full day of appointments, I was ready to turn around and come home, just to be with my babies. I love writing, but hearing them so far away puts a lot of things in perspective. I'm just grateful to have kids who get that Mommy needs to write to be a good, good Mommy.

Yours, making every moment count,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment