Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Fun- Yeah, I'll let You Know When I Get There

I know on Fridays it's time to tell a funny story. Usually something about the kids, or DH, or some mess I've gotten myself into. Fortunately,  I have not locked myself in any bathrooms, set off illegal fireworks or exploded the garbage disposal, as I am prone to do on a regular basis. I would like to be funny today, but the truth is, my head feels like someone is trying to operate on it with a dull, dull spoon. I'm on Day Four Now, and I am seriously ready to let me head fall off my shoulders. I'm pretty stopped up as well. I sound funny when I talk- My normally high voice has dropped to the bass range and I have that funny "cohld in by dohse" sound to my speech. It's pretty ugly.

Yesterday, however, I did manage to explore something new. I think I took the wrong dosage of cold medicine. I have never been one to experiment with drugs- just not my style. But I imagine that if I knew what it felt like to be stoned, yesterday would have been it. Imagine sitting in a room about the size of a large walk-in closet with two other people, trying to write a song, all the while, feeling your hair grow. Yes. Feeling your hair grow.  It makes it a little distracting when you are trying to write. Or speak. Or play nice with other musicians. I'm on the fence about whether to take more meds today. It makes it hard to drive and that's just not good. I hope this post is making sense, because frankly, I'm still wondering if it has all worn off. 

Yours, off to finish another song, or maybe, simply OFF, :-)

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment