Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WE’RE MOVING TO FLORIDA!!!

Yep, it’s my hubby’s dream to live in Florida, so we’re gonna do it. Not for a while yet, but in the summer of 2014, we’re packing up and leaving St. Louis. It hasn’t been an easy decision for me. After all, I’ve lived in the Lou (as Melissa calls it) my entire life. Everything I know is here. But he’s been working on me for years now, chipping away at my resolve, until I finally cracked.

Then, last weekend, we went down there. By ourselves. No kids. And I might add here that even though the boys will be 12 in a few weeks, this is the very first time we’ve gone away together, without them, since they’ve been born. The Very. First. Time. Did we miss them. Um, no, not really! (Do I feel like a bad mom? Um, no, not really!)

But I digress. So we went down there, in the middle of winter, and people were ON THE BEACH!!! That pretty much made up my mind that living in Florida is a GOOD thing!

The first thing we did was look at the schools to try to figure out where to start looking at houses. We’re moving to the Tampa/Clearwater area, and I’m pretty sure we’ve narrowed it down to Palm Harbor. (Does anyone out there live in that area who can give me any insight? I’d appreciate it!) Then we looked at some homes just to get an idea. Hmmm, no basements. That’s going to be an adjustment.

But the homes were beautiful, the schools were huge and clean (even the lockers were outside, can you believe it!), the weather is amazing. What’s not to love about Florida?

Oh, I know. Melissa’s not there.

melissaandkaren2

 

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment