Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Madness- At LEAST 48 hours notice, please

We returned home from our trip late last night, The Hubs and I. To say that today was hectic and overwhelming would be an understatement. I always try to plan for it, but it always bowls me over. There's simply too much to take care of in a 12 hour period. Or maybe my expectations of myself are a little high (Hmmmm.... now we're on to something!)


But I pretty much wanted to cry when I found out that swim practice got bumped up from 6:00 to 5:15. WHA?WHA? I found that out at 4:30. Which would mean I was supposed to be leaving in 15 minutes. I mean, could I have at least had 48 hours notice? I checked the email. They sent it last night at 10:30. Because, you know, everyone is checking their email that late at night for swim practice times. So that leaving in the ext 15 minutes thing?


Uh, yeah. Didn't happen. And I need to be okay with that.


I'm learning it's okay if we don't get there on time sometimes. And it's okay if we just need to sit some things out because, well, sanity is more important. 


It's okay if he scores poorly on one test.


It's okay if dinner is cereal once in a great while.


It's even okay if I let the laundry sit so I can read to them before they go to bed. We found a great book of Hans Christian Andersen during our travels. Amazing fairy tale writer from Denmark. You know- The Ugly Duckling, The Princess and the Pea, The Emperor's New Clothes and The Little Mermaid to name a few. As The Hubs is of Danish descent, and Z1 wants to be a children's writer, the book was a must have. I thought they might be getting to old for me to read to them before bed. To my utter delight, I was wrong. YAY!


No matter the madness, it's okay. We'll all get where we're supposed to be sooner or late. 


Yours, Knowing it's okay,


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment