Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Madness- About those 2013 resolutions...

Good afternoon, dear readers. It's a balmy 74 degrees here in St. Louis ~and it's January 28th. Tomorrow the forecast calls for lots of rain that by Wednesday will turn into snow showers. My jonquils are so confused.  

Only a few days left in January. How are your New Year's Resolutions coming? Somehow, it's been easier to begin foreign language lessons and get a new hairstyle than it has been to learn to forgive completely and hold to healthy boundaries. (Can I get a witness up in here?!) The healthy boundaries with people is getting easier. I'm learning to say,"No thank you" and "Maybe another time". I've even said,"You know, I just don't think that's for me," and went on to the next thing. I'm a little proud of me. 


I think the more I am able to hold to the healthy boundaries, the easier forgiveness will come. And sometimes, I just have to let go what sometimes sneaks back in. And oh, unforgiveness can be sneaky. But forgiving is easier than signing up for swimming lessons. I guarantee it. 

Whatever your resolutions are, I hope you are holding to them. 2013~still 11 months left to make it happen!

Yours, living with an open hand,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment