Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Funny- Seriously?!?!?

This is one of my greatest fears. I thought I had overcome it. I really did. When I first started using computers when I was in school, I was always afraid of the delete button. It seemed so final. I mean, delete and you never get it back, right? And then all of that work you just spent the last 2 hours doing... GONE. With one keystroke, all of that work is negated. I had a hard time handling that.

So I've always used the delete button with a certain sense of trepidation. I've never turned off those warnings that say,"Do you really want to delete that?"

But apparently I have been remiss. I have gotten lax. I got so ingrained in my routine that I just didn't give it a second thought anymore. Somewhere along the line I got over my whole fear of deleting.

Until last night.

Sitting on the couch, going through my emails, I tried to go back to my inbox after permanently throwing out all of my deleted emails.

Except that I was not in my deleted box, but in my inbox.

My entire inbox, completely deleted.

Unrecoverable.

Gone.

Vanished.

Buh-bye.

It's so overwhelming that it is actually funny is some small way. Small being the operative word here.

I know- you're just shaking your head at me, aren't you? And you're still wondering how I got locked in the basement? Fear not, dear readers, I was locked out of the house TWICE this week.

Seriously, I think I need a reality TV show. Then people might really believe me when I write about all of these things.

Yours, wishing you whatever it takes for you to get ready for Christmas before the weekend is out,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment