Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Fun- Boys will Be Boys....


The secretary patched me through. I waited for the vice principal to answer. "Hello, Mrs. Bishop," she said warmly.

"Hello Mrs. X, " I said. " I'm calling to see if you would like me to stop by and install a speed dial button with our number on it. Seems my Z1 has been beating a path to your door this week..."

She laughed, for which I'm grateful. It's been a busy week at the B house. My normally wonderful Z1 has been, uhm, well... he's just being a tween age boy. It was the second time in as many days that he had been to see Mrs. X. Once for finding his way onto an unauthorized website on the school computer and the other for being the funny guy at the lunch table. Lunch time seems to be a bit of challenge lately.

What was he doing, you ask? Lunch that day consisted of breakfast items. Pancakes, sausage, fruit. It was the sausage that got him into trouble. Apparently he thought that instead of eating the sausage for nourishment, it would make a better a better "Boy Body Part" and proceeded to demonstrate this brilliant idea to his tablemates. They thought it was hilarious, of course, except for the one who ratted him out. (Which, BTW, I don't have a problem with, because it was inappropriate, and hearing that from the vice-principal, particularly on a conference call with his father was a much weightier correction than anything I could have done).

But at the end of the day, when I came home and his father tried to tell me about it, he laughed so hard he cried. He couldn't even get the story out.

What IS is about boys and their parts??!?!?!

Yours, wishing you a wonderful weekend,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment