Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Madness-Because I Can

I sat at the lake today, taking in the stillness, the serene moments between water skiers and kayakers.

Because I can. 

I ate bbq and laughed with my children.

Because I can.

I slept in, and my body still took two long overdue naps.

Because I can.

How, you may ask, am I able to say this?

Because someone who didn't know me, understood that they valued more what was behind them than they were afraid of what lie before them.

Thank you, to every single vet. To every family who sent them, supported them and welcomed them home and stood by them when they came back half the memory they were but twice the men and women that most of us never could be.

Thank you, especially to the WWII generation. Selflessness and hard work are your well worn badges of honor. 

May we ever honor you and may we never forget,

Celebrating and honoring this Memorial Day,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment