Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Madness- I admit it....

I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I don't know why. We have the entire house decorated. There are lights going up on the hour in my neighborhood. I have some Christmas shopping done (not nearly all of it, but some big checkmarks on that list!) and I'm thinking about baking. And then I think about sending out Christmas Cards and that's when I want to throw in the towel. Literally. I, the Year Round Christmas Planner, am ready to buy for my family only and go to one or two parties and call it good. After that, I will settle down for a loooooooooooong winter's nap. What is wrong with me?


Maybe it's the pressure of getting everything done and now that I'm working more, just keeping up with groceries and cleaning is an achievement. Maybe it's the fact that my kids no longer really want toys... they want electronics. We're having a lot of fun together, I just didn't think I was going to have to work my body that hard. (Oh yes- Just Dance on the Wii. It's, well..... let's just say we a white, white family. Mama can count and play and sing anything. Minor choreography, not a problem. Black Eyed Peas style? We'll stop with the visuals right there.)

Maybe it's the realization of how quickly time does pass. I don't know. Maybe I need to go light my Advent Wreath and reflect on hope (that's this week's candle). 

I know the detachment will pass. I hope it happens soon. And I hope that it comes with snow.

Yours, settling down for a medium winter's nap,

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's because it's more than 70 degrees here in St. Louis. Hard to believe it will be Christmas soon!

    ReplyDelete