Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My 50 SHADES Review…

I’m not even going to ask who has read the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy, I’ll ask who HASN’T read it! Virtually everyone I know has either read it or it’s on their “to-read” list.

I read the first book and started the second before I finally just gave up. I really couldn’t take it anymore. I can’t decide which is worse: the story line, the improbability of anything remotely happening like this to a girl like that, the horrible writing…oh, the list is endless!

Yes, it was hot, I’ll give it that. But even that wore off after the first dozen or so times they had sex. I mean, really? A 22 (or was she 21?) year old virgin who has explosive, multiple orgasms, practically from just looking at this man, and can have sex multiple times a day and is willing to try just about anything. Uh huh.

And the phrases that the author uses over and over again are hilarious! I’ve tried to look at somebody from underneath my eyelashes and let me tell you, it does NOT work. Go ahead, try it! And what’s with calling each other Mr. and Miss? It got really old really fast. Not cute, just annoying! And can the author please call their hair “messy” instead of the term that she uses after sex? (Can’t type it here!)

Okay, so getting back to the sex and hotness part of it. Yes, that was great. For a while. But then, not so much. As my sister puts it, if they’re happy, they have sex. If they’re mad, they have sex. If they’re bored, they have sex. Etc, etc, etc! Maybe it’s just me, but I thought it just lost it after a while.

So, about a third of the way through the second book, I was done. I guess I’ll never know how it ends. Hmmm, I think I can live with that!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment