Thursday, April 30, 2009

Paradise Postponed

Yep, we had to cancel our trip to Mexico. Darn Swine Flu! If the World Health Organization had not raised the alert level to a 5, we would have still gone. Couldn't they have waited one more day? We were actually hoping that once we were down there, they would close the borders! (Gosh Darn It, we'll just have to stay a while longer!)

Although I'm sure we made the right decision, it's still hard to swallow. I keep looking at the clock this morning, thinking what we'd be doing right now. For instance, we'd be just landing in Dallas, ready to change planes and meet our oldest sister in a few minutes. Who, by the way, may never speak to my other sister and me again! Needless to say, she DID NOT want to cancel the trip.

So we'll talk to the travel agent this morning and try to plan something else for this month, in another part of the world!

And may I add, this is officially a commercial for Traveler's Insurance! We cancelled our trip 12 hours before we were to leave, and will either get all of our money back or be able to use it towards another vacation within the next year. That a GREAT deal for about 100 bucks!

So wish me luck that my sister speaks to me again and we find another destination before school lets out.

Karen

And in case you're wondering, I'm eating everything in sight today and getting a massage. Tomorrow I'll stop wallowing in self-pity!

No comments:

Post a Comment