Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whack-A-Mole . . . Whack-A-Brother?

The boys headed off to batting practice. My daughter threw her arms around my neck and said,"Okay, Mommy! Let's have some girl time!"
I had way too much work to do, but how could I ignore those big baby blues and toothless grin? After a ruthless game of Sorry! we plunged headlong into a game of Whack-A- Mole. You know the one. . . the little mole with the hard hat. He lights up and says some phrase like,"Yoo-Hoo!" or "Duhhh!" and you give him a good whack on the head and the dinger goes off.

Now, what I want to know is was it a man or a mother that came up with a game that gives you four hammers to whack the snot out of an animal making sassy noises at you? And then let's talk about the kids playing it on their own in the other room without adult supervision. . . the brother does something to provoke the sister and BOOM! Whack-a-Brother has begun. The brother starts running and the (younger) sister is chasing- with ALL FOUR HAMMERS, mind you, letting loose a war cry that would rival Geronimo's at the top of her (ahem-dainty?NOT!) little lungs.

Yep, the B household is ready for Spring. At least I can throw them outside in the yard (yes, them meaning Z1 and Z2) and pretend not to notice the sibling warfare. Thanks, Whack-A-Mole, for arming my little one. I've always told the older child that,"One day, she WILL be big enough to hit you back." Guess she's wanting to make up for lost time.

Yours, knowing I'll be going through the game cabinet tonight and looking at every game piece a little differently,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment