Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Funny- I May Be Scrappy....

Helllloooooo Faithful Readers! 

So good to be back. Thanks for the break. I could tell I needed it. And I could tell it was time to return. I was beginning to have so much to write about. YAY!

I have a nephew that is getting married this weekend. Last night was the rehearsal and dinner. It seems the more time passes, the more I realize how precious each moment is. Last night was no exception. It was a wonderful evening, celebrating the impending nuptials and remembering when he was "only so tall". And then I learned the bachelor party was to be that evening. 

My "Auntie" antennae went up. As did the other auntie's who was seated with me. We looked at each other and decided a conversation was vital. SHE wasted no time. She called the best man over. He took a seat next to me. 

The best man is fairly big. About twice my size and half my age. (Good night! Did I REALLY just type that?) So I looked up and looked him squarely in the eye and began the interrogation. 

It's tonight? Yes.
Plans are made? Yes.
Designated driver? Yes.
The plans are??? Everything is within walking distance of the hotel room.
Our numbers are in his phone and you know how to access it just in case? Yes, ma'am, I do. 

It was at this point I looked him dead in the eye with The Auntie Look. I put my hand on his face so he would have no where to turn.

"Best Man," I said, "I love my nephew very much. You understand that right?"

"Yes I do," he replied. A look of trepidation came over his face.

"You will take good care of him?"

"Yes ma'am," he stated firmly.

"Good," I said quietly. "Because I just want you to know, that if anything stupid happens tonight, if one hair on his head is messed up, if he's hurt in any way, I will come find you, Best Man. And I. will. kick. your. #$!. Are we clear?"

The drop in his jaw and the look in his eyes let me know my point was crystal clear.My nephew is fully intact today. Recovering, but fully intact.

And that, my friends, is what the aunties do. :) My mission here is complete.

Yours, of to my niece's rehearsal and dinner,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment