Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

How Long Is Summer?

Oh my word. We have hit that part of summer where the some of us start wondering HOW MANY MORE DAYS UNTIL SCHOOL STARTS?!?!?!?  

The newness of no schedule has worn off and siblings are starting to really annoy each other. I can't tell you how many days they have been grounded from media. Every words exchanged between them has an edge to it. Sigh. I think we need a visual aid here.

So I'm off to the store to buy a jar and a ton of marbles. For every kind, thoughtful act- even simple obedience counts- you earn a marble. For every mean, sassy, hurtful, careless act/word, I'm taking one out. When the jar is full, we'll do something fun and wonderful.

I wonder how long it is going to take to fill the jar. I wonder if that's possible before school starts!  I'll keep you posted. 

Yours, knowing that summer, for the kids, is really only another five weeks, which really isn't that long,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment