Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Thoughts- Uhhhmmmm

Yes, esteemed readers, it is time for Thursday Thoughts. And my mind is clear as a blue June sky. My thoughts today are running all around- nearly schizophrenic. So here's a glance at my brain today:

1.) Why can I not go into Walmart without spending twice what I planned on spending?

2.) I wonder if Karen is going to be ticked at me for posting so late?

3.) Dagnbit, if it's gonna be cold, I better see some snow! My snow dance is not working and I don't know why!!?!? (Karen, are you dancing? C'mon, people! Dance for STL snow!)

4.) My friend and I exchanged Christmas presents today. We each bought the other one a ticket to the John Mayer concert in March. I love tax deductible Christmas gifts! (Is that wrong?)

5.) My songwriter friends are coming over for our Christmas Party tonight. Guess that means I better mop in the kitchen, huh. I've never understood that. Why do I spend sooooo much time cleaning up the kitchen floor before the party when by an hour into the party it's all mucked up again? Why don't I just wait until everyone leaves and do it only once?

6.) OH! Can't wait to unveil our new website in the new year. It's going to be so much easier. And the book is still on sale this week at www.bythebookkids.com if you are looking for an inexpensive, very unique Christmas gift for someone who is having a baby.

7.) I'm swearing off musical gigs offered to me that start by the person saying,"I KNOW it's your business and everything, but we'd have to do it for free. But you'll have so much fun! It's like therapy!" What you meant was that I would NEED therapy by the time we are through. But I digress. . .

8.) My DH said the sweetest thing to me last night. I was dusting in the bedroom where he happened to be reclined in the bed watching TV. I was kinda having to move him to get the headboard done and he smiled at me and I said,"Yeah I know. You love me." And he looked at me with all sincerity and said," Yes, baby. I do. I've seen the future and I choose you." Where is my husband and what have you done with him? Or is he just trying to get a really nice Christmas gift this year?

Told you it was schizo in here. :-)

Yours, wishing you a relaxing evening,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment