Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday Thoughts-Thankful Anyway

If you've been reading the blog lately, you'll know that I'm on a mission to make my life a little simpler. Thursdays are generally a day where I get to breathe a little. I was hoping to today, but the break seems long in coming. Before the day is over I will get the kids to school, do the book and breakfast count, meet with the PTO Pres about the Wrap Packs for next school year, grocery shop, look at website templates, reconstruct my company vision and make a batch of potato soup. That's all before noon. Then it's meeting with Karen, teaching a musical theater class and hopefully getting to see my family for a little bit this evening before I collapse in a heap on the couch. Good thing I brewed a huge pot of coffee this morning!

And while I have a ton of questions, thoughts, plans and what ifs swirling around in my head, and the desire, currently, to chuck it all, move to Nashville and pursue songwriting to my heart's content, I am thankful. Thankful I have a job (or three or four) that uses my skills. Thankful to make a contribution to the family budget. Thankful that I have potatos to make soup with. Thankful for a business partner who takes me as I am. Thankful for friends and family members who get me. Thankful for kids that love me even when I'm crabby. Even if life isn't exactly the way I would like it to be, there's still so much for which to be thankful. So while I'm making adjustments, eliminating stress factors, streamlining my schedule and trying to figure it all out, I'm looking at it all and just being thankful.

Yours, hoping that feeling will last in the middle of the stress of it all!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment